Wednesday, April 05, 2017

StencilGirl and Canvas Corp make Surfaces


This month StencilGirl Products is collaborating with Canvas Corp Brands to show you unique ways to use StencilGirl stencils with a variety of Canvas Corp Brands surfaces and Tattered Angels Paint Kits! Be sure to check out the details at the end of this post on how you can win a wonderful prize package worth over $50 in goodies from StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands!

Canvas Corp is practically a neighbor of StencilGirl! I mean, shoot, they live right down the road from us in Arkansas (we are in Missouri). They manufacture under the names Canvas Home Basics, Tattered Angels and 7gypsies.
Back in the day, before I spent the bulk of my time running SGP, I used 7gypsies materials in my collage work All.The.Time. There are certain discontinued 7gypsies tissue papers with which I am obsessed and I may be hoarding them. Just sayin'
Imagine my delight when I was allowed to pick some products to try! I wanted to play with the Tattered Angels brand, specifically the Naturally Aged Kits - I chose Tarnished Silver.
This stuff is crazy! I mean seriously crazy. You can get such interesting effects and you can absolutely depend on it. I have tried this sort of thing in the past and could never get it to look right, but trust me when I say these are completely awesome.
I went a wee bit wild I shall say, on tags, scrap paper, in my journal. My oh my. 
The thing is, the package insert is excellent, so incredibly specific with a step by step description of how to get the desired effect. It would be impossible to mess it up and trust me, I am the Queen of messing stuff up. I did spill one of the bottles, but, I think I was overexcited. 


See what I mean? Addictive in a good way.
All these examples were done on paper type products, gessoed and non-gessoed. The last image shown (above) is a journal section where I had used a stencil from our StencilClub, my designs from January 2017.
Here is the Tag that I made and embellished with other products from Canvas Corp. I also used our stencil by Carolyn Dube, Now is the Time, one of my favorite stencils ever.
Just as an fyi, these Kits will work on matte or glossy paper; canvas; corrugate (must try this next!); handmade papers; cork; other natural materials. And I must say, I need to get my hands on some more of these as there are other Kits I am dying to try - the Peeled Paint Kit or the Age Terracotta or the.....well, you get the idea, they are all pretty special.


What would a matchup be without a fun prize!!!!
Here’s your chance to get your hands on a products from StencilGirl Products and Canvas Corp Brands.
All you need to do is….
  • leave a comment here on any or all of the Matchup Posts during the month of April with StencilGirl Products and CCB.
    You can leave one on each post for more chances to win. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
  • and/or leave a comment on the CCB Facebook page or StencilGirl Products Facebook page. Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
  • and/or leave a comment on any of the CCB Instagram posts or StencilGirl Products Instagram posts where you see any of the projects from the CCB team or the SGP team.
    Don’t forget to include #SGPCCBmatchup so we can find you!!!
  • You can follow along by searching #SGPCCBmatchup. If you love what you see and would like to join the Facebook group CCB Collective – ask to join today.
  • You can find all StencilGirl Products in our shop – www.stencilgirlproducts.com
  • Shop Canvas Corp Brands at https://shop.canvascorpbrands.com 
  • We will be sharing projects the entire month of April – learn new techniques, see how new products are used and be inspired with great ideas from members of the SGP and CCB creative teams.

9 comments:

  1. So cool. Love those mists and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the river kit! It looks amazing. I have to go to Canvass Corp and see what they have. #SGPCCBmatchup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pieces look fantastic, Mary Beth. I CAN see what you mean, and why you got addicted to these products. That "Naturally Aged Paint System: Bare Metal" looks like a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no.... my list just got a little longer. That metal finish is the bomb!
    #SGPCCBmatchup

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a big Tattered Angels fan for years...and I love the 7gypsies' tissue paper, too! #SGPCCBmatchup

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is just stunning MaryBeth!!! I love the vintage look by the Tattered Angels YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MB, your pages look absolutely amazing! I have never tried the Tattered Angels kits but after seeing your results, I must try!
    ecgronroosatgmail
    #SGPCCBmatchup

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - completely cool & grungy! #SGPCCBmatchup Cfrailey64(at)gmail(dot com)

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)