Monday, March 28, 2016

Storytelling with Collage

I was delighted (not to mention flattered!) when Roxanne Evan Stout asked me to participate in her book. I had admired her work from afar for many years and the topic of collage is near and dear my heart since collage jumpstarted me into the mixed media world. And, well, you know my pieces always involve a story.

My submission is an encaustic piece, one that is embedded with personal meaning. As sometimes happens, this piece came to me fast, a spilling over of emotion packed into  an 11x14 painting. 
Roxanne's book is exactly as I imagined it would be. 
Thoughtful and Contemplative, full of earthly visual delights, something to savor.......
One of those books where you read every single page. Artists I know like Orly Avineri, Seth Apter, Lorri Scott. But also a lot of new faces who are making wonderfully inspired work.
Everyone has a story. 
Learning to tell it is a gift, doing it with art and collage is the icing on the cake, at least for me. I am honored to be included in this special book. 
And her book (you are going to want it, hint, hint) is available everywhere. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Mary Beth, I love your post and the way you captured the feeling of Storytelling with Collage here. I am very honored to have you as a guest artist in this book too!
    xox roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hands are burning to get ahold of this book! I hope everyone will join me in ordering from AmazonSmile.com -- where you can pick your favorite charity from their list, and give to that charity while buying this book! No extra charge; in every way, AmazonSmile is the same as regular Amazon ... but with an opportunity to make the world a better place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous post about a fabulous book. Lucky me--Amazon delivered it not long ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that the book is fabulous, and I agree that this post is too!! Thank you so much Carol: )

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on being in this special book MB. Your piece is gorgeous. Hope I get to see it in person one day.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)