Monday, August 11, 2014

Stencil Girl The Book

-->
After I wrote Stencil Girl, I kept thinking of more and more projects involving stencils, I swear, it is like I have a disease (slaps self in head). At any rate, here is one of my 'extra' projects. 
The Copper Button Keeper
inspired by my friend Leighanna Light's beautiful work which is in the book
Supplies:
Piece of Copper
Novacan Black Patina
Matt Medium
Stencil, foam dauber
Q-tip or foam brush
Small canvas
Gel Medium (for glue)
1. Assemble copper, canvas and a stencil. Brush a strong glue on top of the canvas and apply to the copper. Cut around the edges and then 'wrap' the canvas with the sheet of copper, folding carefully and applying glue as needed. Allow to dry.

-->
2. Use foam brush to apply Matt Medium (over the stencil) on the copper covered canvas. This must dry thoroughly before you proceed. Once it is dry, use a Q-tip or foam brush to apply Novacan over top the copper. The design you have created with the Matt Medium will remain copper colored and the rest of the copper will turn black. This happens quite quickly.

-->
3. Play with embellishing as desired. I used a pigment ink pad to stamp some text across the tarnished copper, then I glued some fancy buttons across the front and added a ribbon behind. I love the instant gratification of using the Novacan and I'm so grateful to Leighanna for introducing me to this cool product.


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Mary Beth! Love the metallic surface and textures and ephemera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for the tips....looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)