Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Where oh where is my table??

I am getting ready for a holiday show. Seeing as my year was filled with teaching and stencils, I haven't done a show for a long time. And since it is holiday time, that means I am making some functional products in addition to wall art. As usual I am also attempting to re-invent the wheel.
I mean seriously. You know how easy it would be to paint up some products and be done? But oh-no, I am taking this time to experiment, play with different palettes, discover some new stuff. And on and on and on......these things make me happy though, so no complaints!!
Here is an aerial view of a portion of my table. This is after I cleaned.
No joke.
Yesterday (that was the day I should have stayed in bed cause my head was killing me) I stumbled into the studio with my cup of coffee which I promptly spilled all over my table. Then I spilled my dirty paint water while I was trying to clean up the coffee. Needless to say there were bad words, oy oy oy and I had to cover impressionable little kitty ears.

I am continuing to play with the Annie Sloan Chalk Paints. Love 'em. Here are some initial layers. The crackle was achieved by using Wood Icing's Fissure product which works beautifully with the chalk paint.
I have a lot of new ideas. My head is spinning but you know, I kinda like it that way. And guess what, no headache today, hooray for that!!!
So tell me, blog friends, what is on your table these days?

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the crackle here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks quite neat compared to my workspace. Lots of interesting bits there. Glad the head's improved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>I am taking this time to experiment, play with different palettes, discover some new stuff. And on and on and on<<

    And that's what makes you wonderfully YOU.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>>I am taking this time to experiment, play with different palettes, discover some new stuff. And on and on and on<<<

    And that's what makes you wonderfully YOU!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, love the crackle effect with the Wood Icing and am intrigued by all the projects on your table. My tables are flooded with canvases right now, commissions, which is all good :-) Have a great Xmas show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey MB.. well, just got back to my table this weekend after not having anytime to get up in the studio for about a month. Between traveling for work and thanksgiving.. Oy is right. Enough whining.. I love the fissure product.. I must get me some of that there stuff. Good luck at the show. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crackle on the chalk paint. Really nice! Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is covered with brushes, paints and collage items!! Whew!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)