Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Funky Felt

We interrupt our usual Mixed Media programming to bring you a video on how to have fun with old wool sweaters. This is the project I am doing on KMOV Great Day St. Louis tomorrow. Since time is so limited during the show, this video gives a little more information.



Making wearable things out of old stuff is so much fun. When making the scarves, save every piece because you never know what you might want to make later on. So keep those arms, waist bands, v-necks, etc. I'm hopefully going to play a little more this weekend and see if I can fashion up something more advanced than a scarf. I have a vision of some sort of longish draped vest. Anybody wanna serve as my mannequin, tee, hee.

And, if you want to explore making garments or home accessories in depth, check out this book which is simply excellent - don't you love that cute sweater on the front? I know there is a patchwork blanket in my future. (no affiliation, I just really like this book).







5 comments:

  1. Oooo! A patchwork blanket sounds heavenly. Great use of old sweaters! I will be interested in what else you come up with!?
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks for sharing this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed watching your video. But I REALLY enjoyed seeing your paintings on the wall behind you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carol, that is probably the nicest thing I have heard in a long time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:26 PM

    I loved seeing this! I am always looking for easy projects that use things up. (And since my husband accidentally shrunk one of my wool sweaters last week...) And I agree that a patchwork blanket would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)