Friday, February 20, 2009

Creative Awakenings

It's here, it's here!!! Creative Awakenings: Envisioning the Life of Your Dreams Through Art. This is the book that I participated in, by Sheri Gaynor. It is now available and I have my very own copy which was sent to me by the publisher.



And oh is it sweet. I have to brag on myself just a little bit here because the background of the front cover is from the art I made and that lil gold fish (used throughout the book) is also from my art. He or she (the goldfish) symbolizes a "coming up for air" moment for me. It is incredibly synchronistic because Sheri has long used goldfish imagery in her workshops and even gives goldfish mementos to attendees. Of course I didn't know this till after I made the art. Don't you just love this kind of connection?

So anyway, back to the book. It is a *must have*. And I'm not saying that just cause I'm in it. Seriously, Sheri is a very skilled psychotherapist who is also an artist. She is my on and off coach, I only say on and off because she coaches me sporadically these days , mainly when I get so wigged out I can no longer deal. She is brilliant and insightful and funny to boot. Plus she is an artist. She gets it.

No matter what your aspirations or experience level, if you have a dream, grab a copy of Sheri's book and get to work. Sheri's book provides a guided process that will help you to not only set your intentions but to also move forward with your journey. Plus you get to read stories of journeys (like mine) and that of other artists such as Susan Tuttle, Katie Kendrick, Juliana Coles, Claudine Hellmuth, Jane Wynn and more.

I can't wait to curl up with a kitty (or two or three) by a nice warm fire and read this one from start to finish.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book! Congrats on your participation in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! i look forward to grabbing a copy!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, MB! Happy dance well-deserved!! Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. will you autograph my copy of it this fall when I see you ?

    *congrats*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:55 PM

    OH my gosh! I am BLUSHING! Thank you MB, your contribution meant the world to me. I am so grateful to have you as part of this BIG LIFE DREAM! Long live the goldfish! BIG FEISTY HUG TO YOU DEAR ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Congratulations, Mary Beth! I'll be sure to look for the book. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Congratulations! Sounds like a great read...and great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats MB! I'm adding another book to get to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recommended this book on twitter for ya. Hildy Gottlieb was asking for a book suggestion, so I posted your link. Hope it brings a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kudos to you, Mary Beth! I'm excited to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, my name is Anke and found your blog link in Clothes Paper Scissors...you made me curious about that book and hey I liked what I could see and read so far, so I ordered it! Congratulations too!!!! That must be soo exciting to be in a book!!!!
    PS: I also find you work really inspiring....I will be back for sure, smiles, Anke ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)